Weekly Photo Challenge: Depth

Long Beach, NY boardwalk pilings after Hurricane Sandy April 10, 2013The theme for this week’s photo challenge is depth. I took this photo in April of 2013, 6 months after Hurricane Sandy destroyed the icon that was the original Long Beach, NY boardwalk. Once they started removing the wooden boards as much as I missed having a boardwalk for a year, underneath with all the pilings exposed offered some great photo possibilities. Now there is a retaining wall on either side of the boardwalk to hopefully prevent further damage by the ocean in another hurricane so photo opportunities like this are completely gone.

Advertisements

19 Comments Add yours

1. Wow! Your really captured the devastation.

2. Mother Hen says:

Wow! Great capture!

3. didomi92 says:

Great shot! I live on LI, too. So many friends with damage to their homes, some completely displaced. Hope we never have to experience anything like that ever again!

1. Alyson says:

Thanks! I certainly hope we never have to go through that again, once was more than enough!

4. Tina Schell says:

Very cool photo. At least something good came out of Sandy😒

5. Ally B. Jones says:

Really cool shot!

6. Wow. This speaks volumes. Thank you for this

7. Love this photo. I really like the industrial feel of it. Funny how something so devastating can be captured so beautifully.

8. Juliann says:

These shared servers are budget-friendly, however if you are worried about
    performance and speed, you need to be looking at virtual or devoted servers.

9. Caleb says:

March 28, 2014: I’ve had the FrontPoint system for six months now, so I added some long-lasting test notes concerning my experience below.

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s